Followers

Sunday Morning

I woke up this morning and did what I always do.

I thanked God for waking up one more day and asked him what he had for me to do to do for him today...

I laid quietly and waited. My bedroom door flew open and in raced my favorite non human: my cat Michaela. She jumped on the bed, made a beeline for my husband's chest, and began slapping him in the face!

He jumped, grunted and snarled at her and she slid off his chest and down between us. I was laughing at this display when the phone rang. It was one of my cousins calling to let me know her mother was at the hospital. Her mother had fallen ill overnight and she was worried about her. Naturally, I insisted that we pray right that moment.

When I got off the phone with her, I returned to the "discussion" next to me. Husband talking to the cat: cat listening intently as he rubbed her head.

Sometimes, I think God just wants me to be there for people. I was there for my aunt (she's gonna be ok) and I enjoyed the moment of playfulness between a man and his cat.

Ain't life grand?

0 comments: