Followers

Servant or Friend?

John 15

Love and Joy Perfected

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

***********************************************

I had a "conversation" with someone a day or two ago that proved to be enlightening...

The above noted passage is one of my most treasured in the bible...

and I mentioned that to someone...

he asked why... I told them, because I'd hoped that I'd finally stopped being a servant and had become a friend to Jesus...

he....balked...

"We're all servants of our savior!!!!"...

"Ummmm, not all of us."

"If you aren't a servant of your savior, you aren't saved!!!!"...

"Ok". (you know me...I let the savior do the talking...and old boy wasn't hearing him)



so, after reading the passage above...and, for that matter the entire chapter, are you a servant or a friend...and why?

0 comments: